Pages

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Draw Something fails to impress me


Draw Something has become a world-wide phenonemon


First it was Angry Birds, then it was Temple Run and now it's Draw Something that has become the latest iphone and android games phenonemon.

US magazine, Slate, describe it as: “The amazingly addictive guess my sketch game.”

Topping that, according to industry analytics site AppData, Draw Something currently has 13m daily active users (DAUs), making it the most popular social game in the world.

So, I’m left wondering: “Am I the only person on the planet that doesn’t enjoy playing it?”

For some reason I am just not compelled to play it, for me there is something missing. I’m not itching to go on it every second of every day, like I was with Temple Run or Angry birds.

Instead I find it rather annoying, pointless and boring.

Firstly, it irratates the hell out of me how long it takes to load – there’s constant adverts inbetween turn-taking with your opponent and by the time I’ve  found the skip button I’ve lost interest.

Secondly, it’s far too easy to cheat – what’s stopping someone writing the word “dog” if they can’t be bothered to draw one? Answer: nothing.  This kind of defeats the object of the game for me – there should be some form of mechanism in place to stop this kind of naughty behaviour!

Thirdly, the game should come with a warning informing players about how angry people get if you don’t draw something back to them straight away… I feel like I’m 13 again and on MSN Messenger the amount of times I have been ‘nudged’ this week!

Lastly, I’m rubbish at it, due to the fact that I am the worst drawer known to man. I don’t like things I am not very good at. Therefore, I don’t like Draw Something.


My pathetic attempt at drawing a skull

Maybe my hatred is purely because of my short attention span, need to compete and inability to draw a stick-man, but whatever the reason, I am NOT sold.

Despite my pessimism, if anyone thinks they can enlighten me about why this game is so fantastic then please have a go because I do feel quite left out and would love to jump on the Draw Something bandwagon!

No comments:

Post a Comment