Pages

Monday 19 March 2012

My love affair with Marilyn


So, you’re probably wondering why i have a picture of Marilyn Monroe, in her dressing gown, as my site background?

The answer is … because I am completely & utterly obsessed with her!

I didn’t want you all thinking that I had just chosen it because it fits in with the nice girly theme of my blog, (although this is ONE of the reasons why).

The main reason I have chosen it as my background is because, even though I obviously never have and never will meet her, I am absolutely positive that I am in love with her.

She fascinates me in every way, I’m even contemplating calling one of my children Norma Jean (Marilyn’s birth name).

A lot of people just think she was a pretty, dumb blonde but I believe she so was much more that that. 

After all …
“It takes a smart brunette to play a dumb blonde.” - Marilyn Monroe.

She was loved by everyone because of how genuine she was - her honesty shines through in her quotes and they inspire me every day. 

Here are just a few of my favourite Marilyn quotes:

“Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.”

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”

“We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets."

In my eyes, she’s the most beautiful celebrity there will ever be. A girl can only dream of living a life and leaving a legacy as iconic as hers.

If you want to find out more about Marilyn you can visit http://marilynmonroe.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment